Granola is that kind of food that is never too much to have at home. It is a very versatile food and can be consumed in many different ways. I think I’ll never get bored of eating granola! I often have it with vegetable milk or as a topping on my smoothies (the one in the photo is frozen banana and spinach). I also love to consume it as a snack or put a tablespoon of it over my soy yogurt!
The good thing about making your own granola is that you’ll be sure that it is vegan. The base of the granola is always oat, but you can change the other ingredients and add the dry fruits and seeds you want! Another great thing is to change the flavor. In the recipe below I added cinnamon, but it also tastes great with cacao, vanilla or shredded coconut.
- 1 cup (240 ml) rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of dry cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Other options: flaxseed, sesame seeds, chia seeds
- Mix everything in a bowl. The coconut oil plus molasses will make the mixture a little moist. Spread on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C. The granola should be crunchy and golden brown. Remove from the oven, allow it to cool down and store in a covered container.