I always found very important to value simple moments, such as good homemade pasta with a glass of wine; or a cup of coffee with a good book; or a movie with a hot chocolate, etc. Often we have heard that the secret to a happy life lies in simple things; and that it is actually not necessary to wait only for those big events to feel the happiest person in the world!
Well, the “hygge” concept encloses a little of this. Many consider hygge the art of creating intimacy and coziness and achieving a genuine sense of well-being. An article on the The New Yorker magazine says that hygge is “the Danish obsession with getting cozy”. In general, we could say that hygge is a feeling that derives from simple rituals related to food, relationships and environments.
In the daily life, hygge is making simple acts meaningful and especially beautiful. For example, watching a movie in soft pyjamas and under a blanket during a cold winter night; lighting a candle in the living room when you get home from work; making a special cup of coffee and read a good book in the couch; putting flowers next to your bed side; or – my tip of today’s post – preparing vegan cinnamon rolls. This recipe will allow the cinnamon flavor impregnate your home inviting you to stop and taste each piece with joy and peace!
Are you curious and want to try? So buy some good coffee or your favorite tea, some candles and make these cinnamon rolls to get started! Or prepare a super creamy risotto (recipe here) accompanied by a good wine and enjoy a hygge moment!
Are you craving for more vegan recipes to get inspired, click here🙂
And don’t forget to subscribe, I have new recipes every week. Or you can find me here on facebook and like my page:)
- - 1 cup of warm water
- - ½ cup vegetable milk (I use almond milk)
- - 1 packet of instant yeast (7 grams)
- - 1 teaspoon of salt
- - 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- - 3 tablespoons of sugar
- - 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- - 4 cups of all purposes flour + few tablespoons to knew the dough
- - 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- - 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- - 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or melted vegan margarine
- - 4 tablespoons of cashews soak in 6 tablespoons of water
- - 2 tablespoons maple syrup or sugar
- - Combine water, vegetable milk, oil, salt, sugar, vanilla extract and the yeast in a large bowl. Mix well, and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- - Then slowly add the flour, stirring constantly until the dough is heavy and tick. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead till the dough isn’t sticky anymore. Cover with paper wrap and let stand for at least 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- - Sprinkle a surface with flour and open the dough (try for a rectangular shape) with a height of about 1 cm.
- - With the help of a kitchen brush, distribute the coconut oil over the dough, leaving the edges free to seal later. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle on the dough and wrap it.
- - Cut into slices (about 4 cm high ).
- - Distribute the rolls in parchment paper, leaving a space of at least 2 cm in between. Let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- - Preheat oven to 180 ° and bake for 30-35 minutes till they are slightly gold.
- - While the rolls bake, you can make the frosting by blending the cashews with the maple syrup until you get a creamy consistency.
- - Remove from them from the oven and drizzle the cashew frosting over them.
- My dough rendered 12 rolls