Since I am living in Germany, fall is the time of the year is one of my favorite. And that’s not only because autumn is approaching and we will soon have a breathtaking mix of colors all over Germany, but also because it is pumpkins’ season. I love pumpkins. Their color is so gorgeous that sometimes I keep them for weeks in my veggies’ basket just for decoration. I like to eat them sweet, salty, baked, cooked, smashed, etc.
Well, I couldn’t help but use all the beauty of the orange color of pumpkins and take the standard pasta dish to another level – let’s say to a “creamy yellow mouth-watering” level never seen before.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup of cooked or baked pumpkin
- ½ cup of cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tbs nutritional yeast
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside. In a blender, mix all the other ingredients. Blend till creamy. Taste for salt. Top over the zucchini noodles and mix gentle (no need to cook the sauce or the zucchini noodles).
- I baked the half of a medium pumpkin, and scoop out the pumkin’s “flesh” for the sauce, and then roast the skin to serve it with arugula.
- You can substitute the zucchini noodles for any of your favorite pasta!